Tuesday 7 June 2016

the day the earth shook

 

the day the earth shook

liquid flows down my face dripping off my chin

              pitch blackness surrounds me. last thing I remember is               diving under my desk...but that feels like hours ago.

rubble tumbles around me...

Suddenly, a muffled dogs bark rings in my ears my hope starts to bloom.               try to yell out but my voice jams itself in my throat                                                  Would I just have to wait?

light flows through rubble suddenly I go blind.I'm saved  My city lies in ruins my heart tears in two,Is this really our city.I suddenly realize what the liquid is,It stains my dress crimson red.

I can't feel my legs I'm unable to stand. Paramedics run over to me.the look on their face says it all. My world blurs  

I'm thrown back into consciousness with a jolting shake I'm awake. My city is gone and in its place is chaos 

No comments:

Post a Comment