Tuesday 7 June 2016

My Writing

                     The Christchurch Earthquake

With a thundering shake it all happened in an instant.
I open my eyes and I am lying on the cold,rough ground.
My ears are ringing and the fresh air gone replaced by the strong stench of dust and smoke.
I look around,people are crying and some are badly hurt.
Most buildings now lay flat half way out across the road.
A police car is up in front of me and I realise my ears aren't ringing but it's the ear piercing screams of the never ending sirens.
I stand up causioly taking in everything in around me.
An aftershock hits hard making it impossible to stand.
The only thing going through my head is I hope my friends and family are ok.
I count to ten another aftershock shakes me.This is the worst nightmare I've ever had.

2 comments:

  1. Well written Stacie, and great work on your improved punctuation. I can see you are working hard to achieve your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really good descriptive writing Stacie. well done:)

    ReplyDelete