Tuesday 7 June 2016

My Earthquake Story

What It Was Like

Eating our lunch, chatting away,
Suddenly the table starts to sway,
The windows start to shatter,
I ask Dad "What's the matter,"

As he looks for somewhere to go...

Dad shouts at me "MOVE!" 
But I don' know what to do,
Should I do what my dad says,
My mind says I should, but my body just betrayes,

Quickly my Dad grabs my arm...

We run outside as I slowly start to cry, 
Why is this happening? Why?
People are screaming, the city starts to crumble,
Injured workers are escaping from the rubble,

Suddenly it all starts to stop...

The ground stops shaking,
The buildings stop quaking,
Was it just a dream?
I start to cry and scream,

As my Dad comes and says "It's OK"

By Molly


8 comments:

  1. Reflection
    This story was based around the February Earthquake. The one where lots of innocent lives were lost.
    In my writing I am very Proud of my rhyming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should be proud Molly.

      Delete
  2. This is awesome Mollly! Well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Wow Molly great rhyming,Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank You

      Delete
    3. Thank You

      Delete