Tuesday 7 June 2016

Christchurch Earthquake

What it was like : the Christchurch earthquake

Sitting at the table alone I feel it rattle , I carelessly ignore this sign but I know I shouldn’t have.As bricks start to fall in the distance I take a glimpse out the window. Everyone was running and sirens were wailing. I turn around and thought to run through the open door but as I am running towards the door bricks and dust fall and block my only exit.

I’m trapped , I know I can’t get out. All of a sudden a light bulb falls from the ceiling and crashes next to me. I think if I will ever be found. I freeze. Then I can’t see anything. It is as black as the nights sky.

My eyes flutter open and I see that I’m in a room. The floor is covered with kids junk including clothing,teddies, and books. I notice that I am in my room. My parents are on the side of my bed wiping the sweat off my face and reassuring me that everything is okay.

I realise it was just a nightmare and it is all over.

4 comments:

  1. I love your writing Sarah. You've used correct tense and language features. Well Done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your writing Sarah. You've used correct tense and language features. Well Done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your writing is awesome I like it alot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reflection
    This story is mainly based around the Christchurch earthquake in February.In my writing I tried to use correct tense and I think I did pretty well.

    ReplyDelete