Friday 1 July 2016

Christchurch Earth Quake




My heart pounds deep in my chest. “LUCY!” I wail through the emptiness. The city vibrates. Cold blood rots on my leg. “Is it mine” i wonder. "Or is it Lucys?". Not knowing is better. Minutes past, hours, days, i lose count.The dark replaces my hope. Will I ever see light again?  Rubbery smoke wonders through my lungs. Everything is slowly giving up.“Help” i whisper from what I think are my last breaths. Slowly..drifting..off...

I awaken in my bed, in the warmth of the sun light. I'm home. It was just a bad nightmare I sigh with relief. "Daddy! Daddy get up" "it's present time" soft mellow hands shake me. I gave Lucy her locket filled with picture of her and her mum, a beautiful smile spreads across her delicate face. And then a sharp pain escalates down my leg and everything’s black again..


I can't just lay here and do nothing, I need to find my baby girl! Yes everyone dies but not everyone lives and I haven't lived not yet! I shuffle to left, then right. I'm trapped. The light shines down, I see a sparkly shimmer. All hopes lost.
TO BE CONTINUED!

No comments:

Post a Comment